Have you heard of these credit card myths that are marketed every day as truth? They’re in commercials everywhere, and now so embedded in pop culture and habits on the street, that you may not think there is any other way to conduct business.
These are five credit card myths that I hear or read about often:
- You can’t survive without a credit card.
- You have to have a credit card to book hotels, airfare, and pay for things online.
- You must keep a credit card for emergencies (such as a flat tire).
- You need a credit card to build up your credit score.
- You can get cash back and/or points with a credit card that you can’t elsewhere.
Really? Are all of these true? Continue Reading…