One of my creative project goals (not a resolution) this year is to finish the manuscript for my book The Jack of One Trade. This is the sequel to A Couple with Common Cents. I have the draft of the story complete; I need to work the story through subsequent drafts this year and write the non-fiction (study guide) part to complete the book.
Here’s my goal in proper form: It is October 1, 2017 at noon; I have written the entire manuscript of my new book The Jack of One Trade.
From today until October 1, I will write the essays to accompany the story and copy edit the story to make it even better. I will do this to continue the Copper Coin Chronicles series of realistic fiction parable stories, and to help people like you think through work, job, and career in a new way through the teachings within the story.
I have other goals for 2017 as well; this is one I want to publicly commit to you, blog reader.
Past blog posts that preview the ideas I’ll present in the book The Jack of One Trade:
- “I Can’t Get My Book Finished!” (about having to start over with the story concept)
- Struggling to Make Ends Meet? You Might Need a New Job
- When You Can’t Get a Job, You Can Still Earn a Living
- GDP would double if… (an essay on business people and the lack of financial record keeping)
- The loneliness of excellence
- The World is Starving for Your Unique Contribution
- School vs. work (and the gap year)
- Make hay while the sun shines
- “But I’m too old…”
- “You can do anything you put your mind to” (is a false statement)